Customized Commercial Insurance Coverage for Lumber, Logging and Forestry Companies in Alberta
With over 65 years as an established insurer in forestry, Rogers McLean Shaw recognizes the risks faced by most logging and forestry companies. Whether it’s bringing down trees on site, hauling logs, or processing the raw materials at the mills, Rogers McLean Shaw is the one-stop shop for your coverage and protection.
Our forestry insurance brokers can help determine what type of coverage you need from environmental liability insurance to equipment breakdowns. We’ll work with you to identify opportunities to maximize coverage options while making sure all your needs and potential risks are covered.
What Is Forestry Insurance?
Forestry is Alberta’s third largest industry with almost 61 per cent of the land being forested. Our province not only focuses on growing and harvesting lumber, but we also make a variety of products from these materials.
Forestry comes with a unique set of dangers and risks, which is why it’s important to have comprehensive coverage. Whether you need forestry contractors’ insurance for a one-man operation or a full-scale commercial forestry insurance package for your large company – our Rogers McLean Shaw brokers can help you assess and manage your risks so that you can focus on your business.
Common Types of Forestry Insurance Coverage for Contractors and Businesses
- Commercial General Liability – helps to cover property damaged and injuries suffered by visitors to your business premises and can include the legal expenses if you’re sued.
- Commercial Auto Insurance – if you have work vehicles as part of your business, commercial auto insurance is necessary to guard your assets. Commercial auto insurance is mandatory in Alberta and can protect your business if you or your staff are involved in a collision that results in injury or property damage.
- Property Insurance – protects your businesses physical assets that include equipment, tools, inventory, materials and more.
- Equipment Breakdown Insurance – so much of your equipment is essential to your work and unfortunately breakdowns are not usually covered under regular property insurance. Equipment breakdown insurance ensures that you will have capital for repairs and replacement if something breaks.
- Equipment and Tools – equipment and tools coverage can give you piece of mind for the gear necessary to do your job regardless of whether they’re in your home, in transit or at a job site.
- Business or Project Interruption Insurance – if you are forced to stop work due to unforeseen circumstances, how will you recoup the losses, so you don’t worry about bills? Business or project interruption insurance can help you by providing funds so you can continue to pay the essentials while you wait for the job to continue.
- Environmental Liability – typically covers any cleanup costs and liability that are associated with pollution. It is designed to protect businesses that are involved in producing, storing, processing, handling or transporting materials that may be potentially hazardous.
What Determines the Cost of Logging and Forestry Insurance in Alberta?
There are a number of factors that can impact the cost of forestry insurance. Because of the wide range and scale of companies and products in this industry there is no set price for a premium. Each policy provided by Rogers McLean Shaw will be tailored to the needs of the company and project, and what they cover will be influenced by:
- Past claims and coverage history
- The driving records of employees
- The credit history of the company or person being insured
- Coverage limits and deductibles
- Risk assessments done by insurance companies
Lumber Insurance Quotes from Leading Alberta Forestry Insurance Brokers, Rogers McLean Shaw
For decades, Rogers McLean Shaw has taken the worry out of risk assessment for numerous industries throughout Alberta. By working with our brokers, we will help you develop a plan to identify and manage potential risks while offering comprehensive coverage, so you don’t have to worry about loss of income if something unexpected happens.
As a partner of Rogers Insurance Group of Companies, we have access to many markets which means you’ll get truly competitive lumber insurance quotes and a choice in your coverage. Contact us today for a free quote.